Siemens Energy could sell shares in India business 2024
Siemens Energy could be his former mother Siemens Sell shares in the joint India business. There are discussions about this, company circles said on Tuesday. This is about more than half of the 24 percent that Siemens Energy holds in the Indian Siemens company.
Siemens itself holds 51 percent of it, the rest is on the stock exchange. According to the circles, the value of the share held by Siemens Energy is said to be around 3.3 billion euros. Bloomberg had previously reported on the possible sale.
Meanwhile, Siemens Energy is continuing to negotiate with the federal government about possible options The guarantee.
According to company circles, a possible involvement of the former parent company Siemens Energy in the guarantees is also an issue. However, the willingness to do so is cautious – also due to concerns about the reaction of their own investors. According to the circles, the federal government is putting pressure on Siemens, which also still holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy.
Habeck: “Discussions are in full swing”
Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck (54) said on Tuesday at an industrial conference in Berlin when asked about the amount of state guarantees that he could not and should not say anything in detail. However, the Green politician emphasized: “The talks are ongoing, and they are in full swing.” According to financial circles, the total is about guarantees amounting to around 15 billion euros.
Siemens India Limited is a subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in industry, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure. Siemens AG, founded in 1847 in Berlin, Germany, has grown to become a leading multinational company with a presence in over 200 countries and regions worldwide.
In India, Siemens has had a presence for more than a century. Here are key details about Siemens India Limited:
- Establishment: Siemens started its operations in India in 1867.
- Headquarters: The company’s headquarters are in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Areas of Operation: Siemens operates in various sectors, including:
- Energy: Power generation, transmission, and distribution solutions.
- Industry: Industrial automation, digitalization, and manufacturing solutions.
- Healthcare: Medical imaging, diagnostics, and healthcare solutions.
- Mobility: Rail systems and solutions for transportation.
- Building Technologies: Solutions for buildings and infrastructure.
- Employees: Siemens India has a significant workforce comprising thousands of employees across the country.
Business Divisions and Products:
- Energy: Provides products and solutions for power generation, transmission, and distribution. Offers energy-efficient technologies and digital solutions for the energy sector.
- Industry: Offers automation, digitalization, and industrial solutions for various industries, including manufacturing, automotive, and process industries.
- Healthcare: Provides medical imaging systems, diagnostics, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare IT solutions.
- Mobility: Provides rail systems, solutions for traffic management, and transportation technologies.
- Building Technologies: Offers solutions for smart infrastructure, including building automation, fire safety, and security.
Contribution to India:
- Siemens has been involved in numerous infrastructure projects in India, contributing to the country’s development across sectors like energy, transportation, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- The company has played a significant role in modernizing and upgrading India’s power infrastructure, introducing advanced technologies for efficient energy generation and distribution.
- Siemens has also been involved in various urban development projects, providing solutions for smart cities and infrastructure management.
Innovations and Technologies:
- Siemens is known for its focus on innovation and cutting-edge technologies. It continuously invests in research and development to bring new and advanced solutions to the market.
- The company has a strong emphasis on digitalization, offering industrial IoT solutions, automation, and data-driven technologies to optimize operations and enhance efficiency across industries.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- Siemens India is committed to corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives. It engages in various community development programs, education initiatives, and environmental conservation efforts.
Siemens India Limited continues to be a key player in driving technological advancements and contributing to India development across multiple sectors. Its focus on innovation, technological expertise, and commitment to sustainability has solidified its position as a leading multinational company in the country.
Siemens AG, the parent company based in Germany, is listed on several stock exchanges worldwide. The primary stock exchanges where Siemens AG shares are traded include:
- XETRA (Frankfurt Stock Exchange): The ticker symbol for Siemens AG on the XETRA stock exchange is “SIE.”
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE): Siemens AG is listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “SIEGY” as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR).
Please note that stock symbols can vary depending on the exchange and the specific type of security being traded (such as ADRs in the case of the NYSE). Always ensure to verify the current ticker symbols as they might change or differ based on the exchange or region.